The Office of the University Bursar remains open to address the needs of the university community impacted by the COVID-19 event. Please be aware that our office has temporarily modified on-site service hours Friday from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., and we are operating with a reduced number of staff which may increase response times. We encourage students and family members to use their online 24/7 account access and recommend email as the most accessible customer service option at this time. Students should make every effort to keep their accounts current, but we understand that temporary financial problems may now exist. If you have concerns about upcoming scheduled payments, please contact our office to discuss payment options. Get the latest university COVID-19 information here.
Student Account Information FAQs here
What We Do
The Bursar’s Office mission is to ensure financial integrity in the cash management of University funds and to provide exceptional customer service to the University community while helping students assume financial responsibility for their education. We will operate with professional integrity and provide prompt and accurate information and customer service, utilizing advanced technologies.
Specific responsibilities include:
- provide timely and accurate billings to students
- disburse financial aid and scholarships to the student’s account
- process tuition and fee refunds
- process payments and credits
- receive departmental deposits timely
- maintain campus-based promissory notes and student loans
- collection of delinquent accounts and notes receivable
- oversee the Budget Tuition Plan
Definition of bursar : an officer in charge of funds
- UNIVERSITY COVID-19 UPDATES
- Fall and Spring 2020-2021 Rates Now Available
- Refund policy for resignations, withdrawals, or course reductions.
- Holds & late fees are applied to student accounts which have an amount past due.
- Student refunds: Enroll in Direct Deposit through Hokie SPA for a fast, reliable, and safe refund.