What We Do
The Bursar’s Office mission is to ensure financial integrity in the cash management of University funds and to provide exceptional customer service to the University community while helping students assume financial responsibility for their education. We will operate with professional integrity and provide prompt and accurate information and customer service, utilizing advanced technologies.
Specific responsibilities include:
- provide timely and accurate billings to students
- disburse financial aid and scholarships to the student’s account
- process tuition and fee refunds
- process payments and credits
- receive departmental deposits timely
- maintain campus-based promissory notes and student loans
- collection of delinquent accounts and notes receivable
- oversee the Budget Tuition Plan
Definition of bursar : an officer in charge of funds
- The Bursar’s Office will be closing at 2:00PM on Thursday, December 12 for our annual winter assembly. Offices will resume normal hours on Friday, December 13.
- Tuition and Fee rates available
- Refund policy for resignations, withdrawals, or course reductions.
- Holds & late fees are applied to student accounts which have an amount past due.
- Student refunds: Enroll in Direct Deposit through Hokie SPA for a fast, reliable, and safe refund.
- View our latest Hokie Family eNewsletter.