The university will be closed on June 18 in observance of the Juneteenth holiday. We will reopen for normal business hours on Monday, June 21.
What We Do
The Bursar’s Office mission is to ensure financial integrity in the cash management of University funds and to provide exceptional customer service to the University community while helping students assume financial responsibility for their education. We will operate with professional integrity and provide prompt and accurate information and customer service, utilizing advanced technologies.
Specific responsibilities include:
- provide timely and accurate billings to students
- disburse financial aid and scholarships to the student’s account
- process tuition and fee refunds
- process payments and credits
- receive departmental deposits timely
- maintain campus-based promissory notes and student loans
- collection of delinquent accounts and notes receivable
- oversee the Budget Tuition Plan
Definition of bursar : an officer in charge of funds
- University COVID-19 News, Resources, and Updates
- Reduced Comprehensive Fee Request Available
- Tuition & Fee Due Dates
- Refund policy for resignations, withdrawals, or course reductions.
- Tuition and Fee Rates
- Family Member Getting Started Guide
- Financial Checklist for New Students
- Holds & late fees are applied to student accounts which have an amount past due.
- Student refunds: Enroll in Direct Deposit through Hokie SPA for a fast, reliable, and safe refund.