The university's cashiering system, CASHNet, allows university departments (both on and off campus) to enter deposit information directly into the cashiering system. Online training is available through Canvas. All departmental depositors should access the training, complete a short quiz, and submit an access request form.
CASHNet access request forms, item code request forms, and a listing of current item codes are available on the Canvas training site under the "Files" Menu. Access request forms should be submitted once the training video and certification quiz have been completed.
All university departments and locations are required to receipt funds in the cashiering system, CASHNet. Paper based University Deposit Tickets or Banner H-Docs are no longer accepted by the Office of the University Bursar as of January 1, 2016. This includes departments requesting funds from the VT Foundation.
If you have not joined the CASHNet Training Site, follow these instructions:
- Log into Canvas using your Virginia Tech PID and password.
- Once logged in, click on "Courses" in the left menu and select "All Courses".
- If the CASHNet training site is not listed as a currently joined course, click on "Browse More Courses" near the upper right-hand corner.
- In the search field in the upper left-hand corner, enter "CASHNet" as the search term.
- The results should provide a "Join this Course" link that will add the CASHNet Training Site to your Canvas account.
- You will see an enrollment message pop up. Select "Enroll in Course".
- Once you have enrolled, you will see a confirmation message pop up. Select "Go to Course" to visit the site.