Your home department must record your tuition award before July 1 for a pending credit to show on the Fall semester bill and by December 1 for a pending credit to show on the Spring semester bill. If the award is recorded after these dates, and the pending credit does not appear on your billing statement, view your current activity/account summary to see transactions posted after the bill dates. If you do not see a pending credit, you will need to contact your department for assistance.
Graduate students on an assistantship contract may choose to pay their comprehensive and commonwealth facilities and equipment fees using the Graduate Comprehensive Fee Payment Plan. Enrollment in the plan is possible after an eligible student has registered for classes and the department has entered the tuition remission award. The plan is available during the fall and spring semesters at no cost, with a new application required each semester.
Frequently Asked Questions
The semester account balance due, up to the plan max, is divided by the remaining number of plan debits to determine each debit amount. The plan max is set as the sum of the following fulltime fees :
- Athletic fee
- Transportation Services Fee
- Health Fee
- Recreational Sports Fee
- Student Activity Fee
- Student Cultural Services Fee
- Student Services Fee
- CFE, if applicable
- The number of debits in the plan depends on the date of enrollment.
- The fall semester appointment period extends from August through December. The plan covers a maximum of 8 debits, correlating with university payroll dates, from September 01 through December 15.
- The spring semester appointment period extends from December through May. The plan covers a maximum of 8 debits, correlating with university payroll dates, from January 16 through May 01.
- A “pending credit” will apply to the student account for the full amount of the plan and will be reduced by the debit amount when each debit is taken.
- Future debit amounts may increase or decrease based on the account balance due, up to the plan max.
I have an assistantship, but I cannot see the Hokie Team tab to enroll the Graduate Comprehensive Fee Payment Plan?
Contact your hiring department to verify your assistantship has been established in the payroll system. If tuition remission has been awarded, you may still enroll in the Graduate Comprehensive Fee Payment Plan following these steps:
· Log in to Hokie Spa
· Select the “Hokie Spa” tab
· Select the “Hokie Wallet”
· Select “Budget Tuition Plan”
· Select “View payment plan options”
· Choose “Grad Comp Fee Payment Plan” and complete the application