Reduced Tuition for K-12 Teachers in VA
This policy is a revision of one first approved in 1984 for teachers enrolled in courses for re-certification. The policy now includes teachers, counselors, administrators, and supervisors who teach Kindergarten through grade 12 in public or private schools in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Courses may be taken for re-certification or in pursuit of a degree. The following eligibility guidelines apply:
- Kindergarten through grade 12 public and private school teachers, counselors, administrators, supervisors, librarians, coaches, and other support staff are eligible.
- Eligible personnel must be full-time contractual employees of a public school division or private school within the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Individuals on official leave from their assignments are eligible for reduced tuition.
- There is no restriction on the number of hours that can be taken.
- Courses for which educators request reduced tuition must be for professional development, not for planned career changes outside of education.
Request Reduced Tuition
- Complete the Request for Reduced Tuition Rate for Grades K-12 form.
- Return your completed form to:
Graduate Life Center at Donaldson Brown
Virginia Tech (0325) Blacksburg, VA 24061
Please return this form in a timely fashion. Failure to do so will result in your being billed for the regular applicable tuition charges.