The Bursar's Office of Virginia Tech, in partnership with Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS), an e-commerce service provider, offers secure electronic payment methods through an electronic system called Commerce ManagerTM.
If your department is interested in offering a credit card or e-check payment option for online sales for products and/or services, application and deposit acceptance, event promotion, or continuing education offerings, etc., Commerce ManagerTM from NBS provides a solution for you to conduct business, collect information and accept payments online.
Key benefits to an implementation of Commerce MangerTM include:
- Secure online convenience with PCI Level 1 technology
- Safeguarding of nonpublic personal and financial information collected from students, parents and third parties
- Elimination of cash handling processes and/or departmental deposit procedures
- Promotes standard payment practices for your department
If you are interested in learning more about how Commerce ManagerTM can work for your department, please contact Becky Ford or Debbie Taylor in the Bursar's Office at 231-6277.
Payment Card Industry Compliance (PCI)
Nelnet Business Solutions is validated for PCIDSS Level 1 Compliance
The NBS Commerce Management system and services -- coordinated with University security policies and procedures -- provide a trusted environment for campus commerce. NBS is certified for compliance with the security requirements of all major credit card associations including:
- American Express Data Security Operating Policy (DSOP)
- Discover Information Security and Compliance (DISC) program
- MasterCard Site Data Protection (SDP) program
- Visa USA Cardholder Information Security Program (CISP)
Nelnet Business Solutions
Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS), a Nelnet company, is a leading provider of campus-wide commerce services for higher education organizations, incorporating customer-centric electronic transactions, and information sharing and account and bill presentment. The Chicago-based company's QuikPAY suite of automated billing, payment processing, Commerce ManagerTM and commerce services is utilized by more than 600 campuses serving over 2 million students and families nationwide.
Commerce ManagerTM is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for your customer's convenience.