Budget Tuition Plans (BTP)
Virginia Tech is pleased to offer the Budget Tuition Plans (BTP), a convenient method of planning and budgeting University cost. The Budget Tuition Plans can cover all, or part, of a semester's institutional charges.
By using direct debits to a checking account, the BTP allows you to divide your cost into 4 monthly installments instead of paying one lump sum by the tuition payment deadline date.
The Budget Tuition Plan is not available for Summer or Winter Sessions.
How to Apply
- Complete the semester application and pay its fee along with any missed debit (if applicable)
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- The semester application opens July 15th for fall, and December 15th for spring.
- BTP Frequently Asked Questions here
Log-in to www.hokiespa.vt.edu with your e-Bill in hand Select the "University Account Information" menu Select "Budget Tuition Plan" Choose your plan (Fixed or Variable) OR set up a PARENT PIN to authorize a third party's direct access Follow the instructions
There are two types of semester payment plans. Decide which is right for you.
The Fixed Payment Plan:
- Allows participants to define their maximum payment.
- You choose the total amount you wish to pay for the term. That total is then divided into 4 equal monthly debits.
- Does not automatically increase or decrease based on the student's account balance.
- Only one fixed plan per student.
The Variable Plan:
- Automatically adjusts scheduled debits/payments based on the student's current account balance for the semester.
- Increases and decreases to plan amounts occur as new charges and new credits post to the student's account.
- Payment amount will be locked in place 7 days prior to each month's debit date, although the debit amount can decrease if payment is made on the student account from a different source.
- Only one Variable Plan per student.
Questions concerning the Budget Tuition Plans should be directed to the Bursar's office.
Our Office is located in Suite 150 of the Student Services Building.
Office of the University Bursar (MC0143)
Student Services Building, Suite 150, Virginia Tech
800 Washington Street SW
Blacksburg, Virginia 24061
Budget Tuition Help Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When contacting us please make certain to include, or have available, the student account number and assigned FERPA Pass-Code.
Access and disclosure authorizations are granted and maintained by your student. If you no longer have access, please contact your student.
Our business hours excluding Federal, State, and University authorized closures are,
• Walk-in: 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday.
• Phone : 8am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday.